We are constantly looking for original, high-quality writing that enhances awareness of and contributes to the body of knowledge on SSE as a means of implementation of the SDGs.
To be considered relevant, your paper or think piece must explain or analyse the contribution of SSE to achieving the SDGs. We will consider submissions in the six official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) plus Portuguese. Please note that we will not consider work that has already been published elsewhere. The submission process is as follows:
1) Send us an abstract of the work (max. 800 words) via email to UNTFSSE_KnowledgeHub@un.org.
2) Experts will review the submitted abstract and recommend acceptance or rejection.
3) UNTFSSE SDG Knowledge Hub staff will inform the submitting author of the result. In case of acceptance, staff will discuss with the author(s) the type of contribution: Knowledge Hub Working Paper (a peer reviewed publication of around 8000 words), draft paper (around 5000 words) or think piece (max. 1400 words) and timetable for submission and review.
4) Author(s) will develop their contribution according to the agreed format, timetable and submission guidelines.
5) Experts will review the submitted paper or think piece, usually within a month. Knowledge Hub staff will then transmit comments, questions and review results (acceptance with no revisions; acceptance with minor revisions; acceptance with major revisions; rejection) to the author(s).
6) On final acceptance, the work will be posted on the UNTFSSE Knowledge Hub for the SDGs.
Author(s) retain all intellectual property rights on draft papers and think pieces posted on the Knowledge Hub and are encouraged to continue expanding and improving their work in order to seek formal publication in an academic journal or other outlet. Meanwhile, presence on the UN Inter-Agency Task Force on Social and Solidarity Economy website will ensure wide visibility all around the world.
Thank you for your interest in our UNTFSSE Knowledge Hub for the SDGs, and good luck with your submission!