C.I.T.I.E.S is a non-profit organization created to accelerate innovation by supporting the international gathering, sharing and transfer of knowledge and best practices in the field of the social economy. It focuses on collaborations between local governments and civil society that enable territorial development.
C.I.T.I.E.S brings together local governments, social economy networks, institutions of higher learning and international organizations.
C.I.T.I.E.S. offers services that are structured around three functions: Gather, Share, Transfer.”
C.I.T.I.E.S believes that the social and solidarity economy is the key to the harmonious local development: knowledge transfer between social and solidarity economy networks in cities will accelerate innovations in each territory and will contribute to a systemic change based on humanism, democracy, solidarity, and sustainable development. C.I.T.I.E.S supports the development of a “network of social economy networks” in small and large cities around the world based on co-operation and knowledge transfer.
- Gathers information regarding best practices taking place worldwide
- Facilitates knowledge transfer and exchange on the SSE between government and non-governmental organizations in different locations around the world.
- Supports the scaling up of SSE initiatives through the dissemination of best practices
- Accelerates innovation in SSE by fostering exchanges between SSE networks on specific issues
- Gathering and disseminating knowledge and good practices, with International monitoring, a trilingual on-line portal and a collection point for information
- Sharing and promoting exchange among the actors of social economy with study missions, exchange programs, events and conferences
- Transferring knowledge with advisory services for local governments and social economy networks, training activities, knowledge transfer tools and kits on certain themes or successful practises and collaborations between research Centres
Founding members & Partnership
C.I.T.I.E.S. was founded at the 2016 Global Social Economy Forum held in Montreal, Canada. Its founding members include municipal governments, networks of social economy organizations and local research institutes in Montreal, Seoul, Barcelona and the Basque region. Global Social Economy Forum (GSEF) is a key founding member and close partner of C.I.T.I.E.S.
Inaugural Assembly and Municipalism and Social Economy Conference in Barcelona
This coming November, C.I.T.I.E.S. will co-host a conference on Municipalism and the social economy, entitled “The Cooperation of Cities and Citizens to Transform the Economy”.
The conference will take place November 16th and 17th, and C.I.T.I.E.S.’ inaugural assembly will be held on Nov. 18th
For further information: www.cities-ess.org
To contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
1431 rue Fullum, bureau 205
Montréal, Qc, Canada, H2K 0B5
+1-514-379-5209 (Montreal Office)